The current reimbursement for one cycle of egg donation is $6,000. Egg donors are able to donate once or up to six times.
To be an egg donor you must:
- Be between the ages of 21 and 34
- Have a BMI of less than 33
- Be a non-smoker
- Live within 2 hours of our Minneapolis clinic due to the necessity of frequent morning visits for vaginal ultrasounds and blood tests
You will be added to our donor list once you complete the screening process. A non-identifying profile of you will be available for matching with prospective recipients. Once you are matched you will begin the ovarian stimulation process that leads up to the egg retrieval.
Why Egg Donation?
At the Center for Reproductive Medicine, we frequently see patients who cannot produce eggs likely to result in a successful pregnancy. This occurs for a wide variety of reasons, including:
- Premature menopause
- Side-effects from cancer therapy
- Genetic diseases
- Advancing maternal age
In such situations, an egg donor can share the ultimate gift: the opportunity to help someone to build the family they’ve dreamed of by carrying a child and experiencing the miracle of birth. When using donor eggs, egg donor treatment is one of the most successful ART treatments.
* If you meet the minimum requirements, a Donor Coordinator will be in touch with you shortly after submitting your application. The donation process is completely anonymous and all information will be kept in the strictest confidence.